During our dating years, my husband and I always enjoyed going out to eat, savoring good food and conversations filled with laughter and stimulating discussion. We were both blessed to live in homes where supper functioned as a centralized time to spend together, growing closer as a family over chicken pot pie and iced tea. Our marriage has been no exception...
Since tax season ended a month ago, we enjoy meal time more than ever. Whether we’re sharing about our day or day-dreaming about the future, we look forward to the time where cell phones are off, computers are closed and we’re focused on our meal and each other. But that's not the only thing I enjoy about dinner...
I’ve enjoyed preparing the food as much as I enjoy eating it with my husband. ;) My mom recently gave me a subscription to a magazine dedicated to healthy recipes. At the beginning of our marriage, Tony and I both decided we’d work to prepare healthy meals. Thankfully, the search for healthy and delicious recipes hasn’t been as difficult as I thought... and I’m happy to report that cooking these meals takes about 30 minutes (perfect for the amount of time I have to spare!)!
As we enter into six months of marriage, I'm anticipating the continued time we'll spend growing closer over meals, thankful that it's something important to both of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment