When is one no longer considered a “newly-wed”? This past month, we celebrated our first year of marriage. So many wonderful memories are wedged in the past 12 months. Looking back, I can say marrying my husband is the best decision I’ve ever made. J I am overjoyed with the blessings and growing opportunities our Father God has given us in our first year together. As we enter our second year of marriage, I anticipate the ways God will use and refine us for our good and His glory.
This first year of marriage has taught me many things. For example, I have permanently assigned my husband with the task of preparing and cooking all holiday birds (and disposing of their guts). My man is much better at cooking a turkey than I. And while I would like to say I cooked every meal that has graced our table, that would be a lie. I have learned that living near a Subway was one of the most geographically-smart decisions we made. J
Finally, and on a deeper note, I have learned the importance and benefit of carving out time to read and pray together as a couple, even if it’s less than 20 minutes each evening. We enjoyed reading through a good chunk of the Old and New Testament last year and I’m excited to dig deeper into God's word this year. :)
1 comment:
Congradulations!
May the Lord bless you guys in this next year of marrige beyond what you could think, ask, or imagine!
Post a Comment