Six am to midnight may not seem like the most attractive sleep schedule to some, but as I've settled into married life, school and an upcoming internship this week, the mentioned schedule has worked perfectly!
Dishes to wash, shirts to iron, bills to pay and meals to plan have all fallen into my growing description over the past week. The news flash, I LOVE IT!
After washing dishes, planning meals and folding laundry for my parents and siblings for years, having my own kitchen, laundry basket and ironing board could not be more exciting.... I'm not sure if this is because I can decide where to put it, or because all of my cleaning and ironing supplies are pink and blue. ;)
12:45am this morning found me pressing a stubborn shirt with a wrinkle that just wouldn't come out... right before an electrical shortage occurred that caused me to find a new spot (I still need to repair that socket by the way)....
As I was working, Proverbs 31 came into my mind. If you're not familiar with it, it describes a "wife of noble character". While my affections towards the stubborn wrinkle were not deemed to noble or affectionate, it was exciting to ponder the idea that work and efforts have been praised and commended in Proverbs...
More rewarding than the scripture verse was finding a note from my husband this morning thanking me for the work I've done. Just knowing my efforts are appreciated by my husband makes me want to work even harder! As the week draws to a close and we anticipate a beach trip and hosting friends for the Superbowl party, I am thankful for immense love of my husband and the joy I have in making this apartment our home.
...and hopefully, tomorrow's shirt with have fewer wrinkles.
4 comments:
you're beautiful - and i loved this.
I came across your blog through my sister's blog and just couldn't resist giving you this piece of advice: have your husband by his shirts at Nordstrom. Only buy the SmartCare ones. They are wrinkle free. With technology like this - no one should be ironing at 12:45am.
Heres the link to the Smart Care shirts: http://shop.nordstrom.com/C/2381435/0~2376777~2374609~2381435?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=leftnav&pbo=2374609
I was a married student too once upon a time. Just trust me on this one.
Shan~ Thank you so much.. can't wait to see you.
Anna, I will totally pass that along to my husband! Thanks for link... I'm definitely buying one for him in the near future :)
Your apartment is definitely becoming your home. It's very evident and Joe and I are always talking about how awesome you and Tony are, and how lucky Tony is to have you! Thanks for allowing us to be apart of your life! - Kyle
Post a Comment