It's Sunday. You have your list of chores. Laundry is one of them. Because this menial task isn't a new one to you, you half consciously throw the heaps of towels and clothes into a basket and run to the washer where you hurriedly stuff them in with five quarters clinking close behind. A free woman for twenty-five minutes, you dance back to the rest of your list until the laundry buzzer rings. Imagine your horror when you discover your beloved black and white towels are now the famed and dreaded PINK! ...Raise your hand if your imperfect.
I am always amazed at the ways God chooses to humble me. He can often take tasks I find most simple and am most confident in to show me that I am still a human being lacking perfection and needing His grace. These moments of realization fall like water drops from a sprinkler; shocking at first, yet refreshing. How thankful I am that the Father keeps me in an ever present reminder of my imperfections. It's much easier to glorify the King of the universe when you're not priding yourself in your own ability.
Raise your hand if you're imperfect ... and if you have any pink-erasing secrets! : )
2 comments:
Hey Emily, love the blog! You need to wash the towels with Shout Color Catchers. It may take 3 or 4 washings (follow the package directions) but it should get most of the pink out! Good luck.
Lorri
Thank you, thank you! I will definitely give that a shot! :)
Post a Comment