For reasons beyond my understanding, some life lessons are learned in no other fashion than through gasping at the electric bill, realizing you really do use that much electricity each month and need to change your habits before the next bill purges your checking account.
While my time as a married woman has taught to not walk into a room and illuminate every bulb Edison invented, I still manage leave a sink-full of spoons and cups, producing a water bill that would leave even the cast of "19 and Counting" in disbelief. Did I mention I still have a few kinks to iron out?
Even though my water usage is a bit hefty these days, my husband and I have found a new way to use our paycheck wisely. I have coined this idea Thrifting: the art of resale shopping.
It started one month into marriage when we stumbled over two gorgeous red chairs that now sit in our living room. Since then, we decided to broaden our horizons and scope the scene for more home decor treasures. Our most recent success is a dark-wood-framed painting now hanging in the dining room. This enticing adventure has blossomed into great date nights and relaxing afternoons. We have our rules for thrifting: we won't buy it unless we need it, and we'd like it to coordinate with the apartment colors. These boundaries make the searching process even more enjoyable. More importantly, we're thankful to have discovered another way to use our God-given resources wisely.
To all shoppers ... give thrifting a try ... you never know what you could find!
No comments:
Post a Comment