Thursday, April 15, 2010

The time where Emily Dented her 4-Runner ... A reflective post.

 It was late. Rain sloshed off my windshield  as I carefully maneuvered our 4-Runner into alley. Pulling up to the garage, I pulled-in slowly, carefully avoiding the neighbor's car.

My sigh of relief was nearly complete when I heard metal  scratching and bending. It was too late before I realized that, in an effort to avoid the neighbor's car, I gave my  4-Runner the dent of it's life. The painful message my gut sent me was a reminder that no amount of sobbing or "why did this happen?" would reverse the dent staring me in the face.

"If only I would have backed up before pulling in" was just one thought that crossed my mind. While Tony was more than gracious and loving about the entire incident, I wish it would have never happened.

It was in later my reflection that I realized how thankful I am to serve a God with no regrets. He is sovereign over decisions both good and evil and purposefully crafts the events in my life. While I'll always have that dent in my car, I know I serve a God who doesn't make dents on accident. God. has. no. regrets.

No comments: