After a perfect five days visiting family and friends,complete with barbecues, lunch dates, movies, and a wedding, I collapsed into bed around 11:30 pm last night, knowing I'd be up before 7 to begin an intense study session for my upcoming accounting exam.
An old, creaky chair and wooden library table were my only friends during the vain attempts to work through a consolidated financial statement. A dank study room is hardly the place for sunny June day.
As I drove home in a somber state of mind, I reflected upon my attitude and how sad it was that the blessing of summer classes had become a burden in my mind. How did I get to the point of ungratefully bemoaning my education when others would give up a lot to have it? My accounting problems didn't seem as burdensome when looked at as a privilege... but how easy it was to frown upon the things that were once blessings and treasures. I still have a lot of growing to do!
Today, I was challenged to look at the "dank study rooms" in my life ~ the things that seem unpleasant and tiresome~ and praise God for them!
The Holy Spirit whispered these words of encouragement to me that I had to share ~ I hope you will be encouraged to praise God for the dank and tiresome as well!
Hebrews 12:2-4
2Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Isaiah 40:28-31
28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom. 29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
Proverbs 13:4
The sluggard craves and gets nothing, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.
2 comments:
That was a reminder I needed today. The seemingly small, mundane daily things are divine appointments and gratitude a choice. Thanks for the reminder.
UPDATE!!! ;)
Post a Comment