Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Thank you, Dad and Mom!!



I am so thankful for my parents. They always find the sweetest ways to surprise me, even when I'm far away from them. This past week, I received a cheery message from my mom, telling me a few boxes were on their way to my office. Those who know me, know that I love checking the mail. You can imagine  the expression on my office postman's face as I continually appeared at window saying "Do I have a box today?"  :)

The boxes arrived on our wedding anniversary (perfect timing!) and brightened my day (and cubicle) immensely! Surprise, surprise ~ the boxes were from Sur La Table ... one of my favorite stores. :) Not only did my parents send us a beautiful anniversary gift, but they also sent us a beautiful note of encouragement.What a delight it was to see the sweet words of encouragement and love from my mom and dad. I am so thankful for them.

Isn't the wrapping pretty?! :)


Our cute honey pot... part of an anniversary gift from my parents :)


The most beautiful part of receiving this honey pot was the precious symbolism that accompanied the gift. My parents said they prayed our marriage would continue to grow sweeter with every year and that they hoped and prayed we will continue to grow closer to each other and to the Lord and "stick" together. :) I am so thankful to have parents who lift us up in prayer and love us so deeply!

The second box contained this beautiful skillet pictured below. I can't wait to start using it after Christmas! As my hubby and I enjoy cooking almost every night, we are really thankful to have another skillet to aid in our endeavors. :)



No comments: