Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Words of Wisdom


December 20th, my sweet husband and I celebrated two years of marriage. We celebrated our anniversary earlier in December, so while my hubby diligently worked late into the night Dec. 20th, I had the beautiful opportunity to sit and reflect on the past two years of our marriage

One of the most treasured items I have from our wedding are the cards and words of wisdom from many of the married women in my life. During my bridal showers, so many women took time to write-out words of advice, give book recommendations and provide relationship guidance. I treasured those cards so deeply two years ago, but now that I'm an "old married lady", those cards hold an even deeper meaning for me. I am so thankful to have wise women in my life who took the time to give me advice from their lives.


Titus 2:3-5


" Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good.  Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children,  to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God."


No comments: